Thursday, January 20, 2011

Can everyday be a golden day?



These photographs have eluded me now for over a year, but I just happened to stumble accross them last night, which made me smile - a lot. I couldn't resist blowing the dust off them and publishing then directly.

Making these armbands is one of the most satisfying things I know. The design is hand sawn from a drawing on the front side, but if one looks at the backside between piercing each section, the pattern literally unfolds organically from a blank sheet. The process is like a slower version of developing photographs, an image appearing from nothing in front of your eyes. There is something so compelling and seductive about piercing graphics in metal - it never leaves you.

Each armband is hand sawn from an original drawing and they come in a variety of thicknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment